[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Monday, March 28, 2005

Packing

Packing is a bitch. I've made piles of things that:
  • I absolutely must take;
  • I absolutely have to take, but it weighs too damn much, so I have to put it in my backpack, and hope nobody wants to weigh it;
  • I absolutely have to take, but it weighs too damn much, and I can't fit it into my backpack without the zip bursting open, and the zipper dislodging and hitting someone behind me;
  • I really wanna take with me, but I can't justify it to the Packing Dictator (aka: Mum), so it hides behind my bed until she turns her back; and
  • Friends want me to take to their friends/family in Japan.
And to make things all the better - I've got about 14kg (the suitcase weighs 6kg) in which to fit this in. Short of me becoming able to manipulate the fabric of time and space (!!), something is gonna have to give... I've nominated that the underwear get 'voted off the island'. I can go commando, or, at the very least, I can pull the ol' inside-outside-back-to-front trick. This is a trick passed down through the generations, whereby a single pair of jocks can be used 4 TIMES!

The Packing Dictator wasn't fond of the idea, so it was a pretty short conversation. She nominated the CD collection - that was an even shorter conversation. Its going to be an interesting next couple of days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home