[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Monday, April 04, 2005


Crying girls and their haircuts

Yup - men and women are different. And if ever you need some proof, go to the hairdresser. Never have I seen such a performance as that put on by the girl I sat next to when I went to go and get my hair cut. Her hair was hanging down past her shoulders, but apparently that was 4cm shorter than she had instructed - bullshit! I was there, I heard it, I can testify.


That didn't stop her from bitching and crying about it - but then the word "crying" doesn't quite sum up the melodrama. Imagine a gut-wrenching screech coming out of an 18 year old and tears streaming down her face. At first, the reaction was surprising, then it was confusing, and finally, annoying. I was tempted to lean across and snip snip. That'd give her something to bitch about.

But at the end of the day, so what? It'll grow back. But it highlights the difference between men and women - we don't give a toss, so long as it moderately symmetrical. When the hairdresser got to me, she asked me "How short would you like it?". I said, "As short as you like."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home