[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Procrastination is the thief of time...

Sun - 3:14pm - 21hrs to go until presentation is due
Well Japanese Playboy was a bust. The articles in it were no help whatsoever. I must have read the entire magazine a dozen times, and there was nothing suitable for a 15 minute speech infront of a female teacher and a class comprised of more girls than guys. And so I decided to do what I do best - procrastinate.

Sun - 4:22pm - 20 hrs to go until presentation is due
I decided I need to watch some TV, and this guy on tv show said something that I didn't understand - I checked it in the dictionary and it was a Japanese proverb - "procrastination is the thief of time". I took that as a sign, and went downstairs to check out the newspapers and see what I could find. By page three of the first newspaper, the effect of the "sign" had worn off, I lost inspiration and went out to an Aussie bar to spend Anzac day with some friends... that's as good an excuse as any for not doing my homework (although technically, Anzac day is on monday).

Sun - 11:10pm - 13 hrs to go until presentation is due
There's only one thing to do. Throw the newspaper up into the air, and when they all land on the floor, the first article I see will be the one I'm going to do. But then that would be messy, and there is a big-arse metal binder on the side, and knowing me, I'll probably end up dropping it on my head. So I flip through the newspaper, eyes closed, put my finger down on the paper, open my eyes, and found out that the cosmic forces of the universe have destined me to do a speech about the weather last friday... apparently it was abnormally cool down south on friday. It advised people to wear a coat. Yup, tomorrow is going to be an important day in the history of public speaking.

Mon - 1:23am - 11 hrs to go until presentation is due
So it turns out that Kofi Annan is going to be the topic of my presentation. It's boring, but its short and its easy, and those two requirements really are the threshold test for everything that I do in life. It's got heaps of difficult words in it, so maybe I can bamboozle the class into being so confused that they don't ask any questions - thats the plan.

Mon - 4:46am - 8 hrs to go until presentation is due
zzzzzz

Mon - 3pm - 2 hrs since my presentation
It's over. It's done. My mission to bamboozle the class into being confused by the topic was thwarted when one of the girls in the class asked me to write down the difficult words on the board and explain them...DAMMIT! But its over now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home