[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Monday, May 16, 2005

"Before passing gas I look behind me.
But I don't bother when I'm smoking."

I've developed an obsession for Japanese cigarette advertisements - specifically the new Japan Tobacco "manner" advertisements. Not to be confused with the standard "Smoking will kill you... and all your loved ones... and everyone you've ever met or felt a degree of fondness for... and here is a picture of your lungs to prove how bad it is" anti-smoking campaign back in Australia, this one is developed by the evil manufacturers themselves (and trust me, they are evil). They're focused on teaching people how to smoke in public - the proper etiquette on killing everyone with passive smoking, if you will. But they're just so damn good that it almost makes me want to take up smoking... almost...

I've arranged it into a slideshow, but the settings are a bit fast, so if you scroll your mouse pointer over the top right hand side of the presentation, just whack the speed up to 10 seconds, and that'll give you more time to appreciate the both the art, and the message. Here are some samples, click on either of them to start the slideshow...

-------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home