[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Thursday, July 28, 2005

15cm high Garlic Bread

I went to dinner the other night with two Aussie friends also living in Japan - Aunty M and Aunty I. Aunty M complained that I was not writing enough posts on my blog to give her an excuse to procrastinate, and Aunty I indicated that she hadn't had time recently to check it... somehow she seems thinks that being pregnant and working full time is a reasonable excuse. How wrong she is.

Anyway, the waiter gave us English menus, and I was scanning through it when I came across "15 cm high Garlic Bread". "Ho ho", scoffed I, "I'd like to see that! What's the bet that this is just bad English for '15cm long garlic bread'?".

Aunty M
and Aunty I agreed with me, and so we ordered it. This is was we got served...

Well... that put me in my place... So much for my smart-arsery. Sure enough - 15cm high Garlic Bread. It was really good, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home