[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Friday, July 15, 2005

May the force be with you

All is well with the cosmos, now... I've seen Star Wars III.

It only took two months for the film to make it to Japan - yep, when Lucasfilms set an "international release date", strangely that didn't seem to include us over here... but I took it like a man. That much I can live with, but what truly pissed me off, is that during the previews they showed the "Don't download/buy pirated movies because it robs the artists..."

What?? EXCUSE ME??? I can't believe, for the love of all that is good and holy, that they could have the audacity, the effrontery, the TEMERITY to tell people not to download it off the internet when they kept everyone in Japan WAITING TWO BLOODY MONTHS TO SEE IT!!! Not placated with coming up with intelligent-sounding polysyllabic 'angry' words in my head, I proceeded to take off my left shoe and throw it at the screen, but it fell somewhat short of its target.#1 It would have made it, had it not been for the aerodynamic 'drag' created by the laces. So I took off my right shoe and pelted it at the ushers head...#2 I then sat down and waited for the movie to begin, eating my popcorn shoeless...

I really enjoyed it - but then I've got low standards for most movies, so I'm probably not the most reliable critic. I gotta say, though, that I still think that Yoda is a better actor than than the guy who plays Annakin/Darth Vadar - computer animation or not...

Also, as an interesting aside, I've been watching the previous Star War movies that they've been showing on TV during the very long leadup to the release of Episode 3, and the night before I saw Revenge of the Sith, they showed the final movie "Return of the Jedi". At the end of the movie, for those who remember, during the mardi gras they have with the Ewoks - otherwise known by me as 'leather bound Koalas' - there is the scene where Obi Wan, Yoda and Annakin Skywalker are all in their ghostly forms overlooking the festivities... BUT THEY'VE CHANGED IT! They've replaced the old Annakin (Darth Vadar) with the new, less-facially - expressive actor.

I can't decide whether I approve or not...



#1 It is possible that this was a figment of my imagination.
#2 It is entirely possible that this also did not actually happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home