[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Interview

Brooke has asked me five questions for an interview. Here are the instructions:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "Interview me." "Blow me" or "Eat me" are not acceptable substitutes.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different. I'll post the questions in the comments section of this post.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. Why do Australian barristers wear those funny wigs?
Because they look cool?? It's an English tradition. They only ever wear it when they appear in court. I'm not entirely sure if its compulsory or not. If not, then I think I'll opt not to wear one when (if) I become a barrister. I would wear thegown (?) though...

2. You have moved 20 times. Is there any one place you would move back to if you could?
Absolutely not. I always like to go someplace new - and ideally somewhere where the population doesn't speak English... makes things more interesting. Having said that, I've moved back and forth between Sydney and Japan a couple of times, so maybe I'm being a hypocrite. I wouldn't mind living in either North America (notwithstanding the whole English bit) or South America next.

3. Koalas or kangaroos?
Depends entirely on the context - if you're asking which one I like best, I'd say Koalas. But, if you're asking me, for example, which would be the better animal to ride, I'd have to go with the Kangaroo. Alternatively, if you're asking which one would make a better coat - then, undoubtedly, the koala... just see the image to the right - taken from Nam's blog. As I said, it all depends on the context...

4. I noticed the 43 things list on your blog. Name 5 things you want to do with your life.
- Kayak around Antarctica
- Learn another lanaguage (that's my tentative plan for this coming January/February)
- Travel into outer space
- Road trip across the southern states of America
- Improve in Aikido

5. How are Japanese women different than Australian women?
In so, so many ways. I think that if I were to generalise on one point, Japanese women seem to be more conscious of how they dress than Australian women. Walking down the streets in Japan seems almost like a fashion show. But on the same point, so are the guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home