[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Monday, August 08, 2005

Giddy with excitement

In addition to a law degree, I also have an Arts degree in international relations/politics, and I love elections. For example - last year, for the first time on Australian TV history, the two major free-to-air channels provided live broadcasts of American ABC and Fox news of the American election - I sat staring at the tv screen for 5 straight hours... I couldn't move the entire time. I was the same with the Australian elections. AND NOW something big has just happened in Japan (though not entirely unexpected). The Prime Minister has been hell-bent on trying to privatise the postal system, but there has been a great deal of opposition from both the other parties, and from within his own party. Today, the Upper House rejected the bill, and Prime Minister Koizumi has countered by saying that he is going to dissolve the Lower House and call a snap election for September 11.

I'm just giddy with excitement...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home