[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Sunday, October 30, 2005

A deal with the devil

Well, I sold my soul, and if I had to, I'd do it again - I have an iPod. An black iPod Nano, in fact. Actually, it was a present from my parents, so it was their souls that got lost in the bargain, but trading their eternal salvation for my new mp3 player was well worth it. It plays songs, gives me a selection of games to play from, has calender/contact list/to-do functionality, and if the promo picture to the left is any indication, it can also transform into a pencil... but I haven't found the button for that, yet.

There is a drawback to this, though. The touchwheel is really sensitive, so you can operate it through fabric. Meaning that I can adjust the volume or change the song or whatever while its in my pocket. Though this saves me from having to reach into my pocket everytime I need to change the song, it does have the unexpected problem of suggesting to the people around me (say, on the train) that I'm groping myself.

So, for example, when I want to turn the music up, I have to push the touchwheel in a clockwise direction, and then anti-clockwise to turn it down... or when I'm scrolling down through the song list, I push the touchwheel in a clockwise direction, etc. But when the capacity of the iPod Nano is 1000 songs, that turns out to be alot of clockwise rubbing through the fabric... and inevitably, I'll overshoot and have to scroll back up the playlist. Long story short, I'm rubbing the touchwheel in my jeans pockets an awful lot, and I can only imagine what people are thinking I'm up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home