[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Autumn

I went back to my host parents place over the weekend. The place they live in is really nice, and I wanted to get some photos of the area in Autumn because its known for its scenic vistas... but this year was pretty piss poor. The photo to the right is the only decent photo I could take - and its not because I'm a bad photographer. My host parents drove me up to the lookout, and it took us over an hour to drive maybe 12 km because everybody else had decided that they'd go and look at the crappy, smog covered city and its colourless vista. So we were sitting there in the traffic jam, and the guy driving the car infront of us decided he'd pop out of the car while no one was moving, and take a piss on the side of the road... right next to the window... of our car... facing us!!! Bastard! My host parents were pretty upset, but refused to do anything about it - they don't much like confrontation. But I do. I wound down my back-seat window and started pelting pieces of bread at him. From the surprised look he gave me, I guess he figured that what he was doing was socially-acceptable. I kept throwing little pieces of bread at him after he had zipped up his jeans and was walking away...

With any luck, I'll be going skiing this winter, so I can take some half-decent photos then... of me skiing down the slope naked, or something fun like that. That could potentially be very painful if I fall over, but it'd be worth it for the fun factor.

Finally, I have some videos that I recommend people watch. The first is Cane Toad - if you want to hear the Australian accent, slang and humour in full force, check this out.


Also, I don't know if this is a big thing on the internet, and I'm just late to the party, but some people at ps260 have re-edited some movie trailers. They only have a couple so far, but they're pretty damn clever. There is one for Shining, West Side Story, Titanic and Cabin Fever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home