[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hell hath no fury like me

My life is so boring right now. It is truly astounding just how 'banging-my-head-against-the-wall' dull the past few weeks have been. I've spent nearly every single day - morning to night - working on the Negotiation/Arbitration Competition. And I'll be spending the next two weeks on it as well.

And I've started getting testy... not surprisingly. I must've read the 40-something page question at least a dozen times, scanning through it for facts that I may have missed before, and the other day (having been working on it for a month now), when my team were debating how we should approach a certain point, another team member who had been disagreeing with me mistakenly thought that it would be very clever of him to ask me in a smarmy tone whether I've bothered to read the question...

Anybody who knows me will be cringing right now, having just read that, because they would well be aware that that is exactly the wrong thing to say to me. Surely enough, the SEVEN GATES OF HELL proceeded to open, Beelzebub possessed my body, and I absolutely went off at the guy. I started off with a (sarcastic) verbal left hook - "The question? This one here? Why no, I haven't read it. Does it say anything interesting?" - and jabbed with the right for a bit, and then finished him off with a match-ending uppercut - which involved me telling him exactly which orifice of his body I believed would best accomodate his copy of the question.

Which brings me to my next point - that rattish, sour-faced little dork who keeps on staring at me and my team through the window of the door of the room in the library that we use for our meetings. He was standing in the book shelves yesterday, peeking at us through the gaps as we were waiting to unlock the door to the room. He keeps on giving me death looks - probably because of the volume of our discussions... but if he finds it so disturbing, then perhaps he shouldn't sit right next to the doors of the meeting rooms. He'll get a dose of Beelzebub as well if I catch him doing it again.

May the Gods protect any of the other contestants (or judges) who piss me off during the competition.

It's almost over...

7 Comments:

  • So I guess that means that now is not exactly the best time to remind you of the work that I am waiting for from you?

    he he he.

    Well, I am not soooo serious about this, but since the knife handle was so out there I thought I might give a little twist.

    See you next week...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

  • I've got a special can of whoop-ass with your name on it, babe. Just keep on twisting, and you'll be meeting Beezlebub yourself... :(

    By Blogger KJ, at 7:40 PM  

  • I'm hereby ducking for cover.
    Having said that, it would probably be fair payback as you seem to get caught by each one of my bad moods of late.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

  • My advice to you - is to start drinking heavily.

    If that doesn't work, try getting laid. It releases tension, if I remember correctly.

    By Blogger Scarlet Hip, at 6:26 AM  

  • I did... last night...

    "Drinking or get laid?" I hear you ask...
    "Not tellin" says I...

    ;-)

    By Blogger KJ, at 6:32 AM  

  • Sounds like we're in for a fun few beers tomorrow night. Too much head (on the beer dirty boy) and you might strangle the bartender.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 AM  

  • Not enough salt on my eda-mame. and I could very likely commit genocide.

    By Blogger KJ, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home