[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Believe it or not,
'to inebriate' is a verb...

...and I've been inebriating myself a fair bit, recently.

The opportunities to partake in the odd alcoholic beverage arise thus:

[Random Friend 1] We've just won a competition! Would you like to come celebrate with us?
[Me] Sure!

[Random Friend 2] I've just come back from Germany! Meet me in the lobby with some beers in 10 minutes!
[Me] On my way!

[Random Friend 3] Hi! There is a welcome party for the new students in the faculty, how would you like to...
[Me] Absolutely!

[Boss] It's the office Xmas party this tonig...
[Me] Deck the halls, fa la la la la and all the rubbish... LET'S GO!

[Random Friend 4] Hi! I was wondering if...
[Me] I've got a 10 minute headstart on you - bring more grog!

Such is the chronicle of my sordid descent into binge drinking... or as best as my conscious mind can piece together, at least. My descent was hastened by the devilishly attractive Japanese service of offering an "all-you-can-drink" option at bars/restaurants. A little on the expensive side, but for those of us blessed with Australian genes (and the genes of my own personal parents, who are each disturbingly impervious to any amount of alcohol), then the whole night works out to be a spectacular bargain. The photo to the right was a result of a room full of Australians, and was taken 5 minutes before our time in the restaurant was up... all glasses were empty within the alloted time limit... and 6 of these glasses curiously seemed to find their way via my hands into Aunty M's bag for souveniring purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home