[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Sunday, February 18, 2007

It smells like snow...

It's past midnight, and I'm balancing precariously on my window sill, laptop in its rightful place on top of my lap, feet resting on a slippery balcony railing, with a rum and coke in one hand and trying to type an instant message to Aunty M with the other. I am doing this because I was told that it was going to snow tonight/Sunday, and so I sit here, defying gravity, common sense and risking the possible onset of deep vein thrombosis, in the freezing cold, waiting to see some snow flakes.

It's not like I wouldn't be able to see them. Should they ever happen to float down, there is enough ambient neon light from the nearby shopping district to illuminate the heavens to give it a light bluish/purplish tinge.

While I wait, I thought I'd post some photos from my time in Australia, my spontaneous trip to Osaka and just some random pictures from the infuriatingly incessant light show that is my local shopping district. I have too much to write about and not nearly enough time to do it all at the moment, but I will get there eventually.

---There is something quintessentially Australian
about a country vista with a portable dunny---
Dunny at Dusk

---Australia's answer to Hogwarts... but prettier---

Antipodean Hogwarts

---Osaka Castle---
Osaka - jo

----3 steps to being "so happy" - (1) relax, (2) feel yourself,
and finally (3) enjoy yourself----

Comic Paradise

---The local red light district---
Red Light District

Homeless in Japan

---Problem gamblers watching problem gamblers---
Pachinko

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • There is a distinct lack of Loz content in this post. I hope you saw some snow.

    By Blogger Loz, at 9:57 AM  

  • I need me one of them Osaka Castles.

    By Blogger Fella, at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home