[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

IT'S ALIVE!!!

It's ok, I'm ok - recall the emergency rescue services and cancel the search party. I'm alive, and I survived the bar exam. Thanks to those people who contacted me out of concern - no, my pile of trust accounting notes did not collapse on top of me, thus drowning me in a sea of accounts receivable and office receipts. And no, sadly, the criminal law practical component wasn't nearly as interesting as being asked to commit a crime, get caught, and then circumnavigate the tortuous criminal justice system - the first checkpoint, ideally, would have been seeing how long you could last detained in custody with a disturbingly affectionate cell mate named Bubba. This, of course, does not mean that I can't take a crack at it, but simply that I won't be getting credit for it.

No, the bar exam program comprised of an utterly unoriginal combination of written exams and mock trials, dragged out for a yawn-inducing two weeks. The best part would have been on the second Friday - the last day of exams - when all us budding lawyers stumbled out of the exam hall, jaywalked across the road and waltzed straight into the pub conveniently located just opposite the law college to suck up any unassuming law students who happen to be passing by, and into a mire of alcoholism.

So there we were - now budding alcoholics regaling each other with faux modesty about how 'difficult' we found the inane exams, and interrogating each other with our newly acquired cross-examination techniques to find out who amongst us was single and on the prowl... or maybe it just me doing the interrogating... and maybe it was just me who was single and on the prowl... three hours of solid drinking with no food has made my memory of the event somewhat fuzzy...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home