[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Curious Cuff Links

I was at a upmarket clothes store the other day, buying a shirt, and I went over to the display case to look at their cuff links. They had three pairs, each with a picture and a title to go with each picture.

The first set had a picture of a muffler and a beaver.
It said "Muff" and "Beaver".

The second set had a picture of a donkey and a little boy. It said "Donkey" and "Dick".

The third set had a picture of a puppy and a lady model. It said "Doggy" and "Style".

The sales assistant couldn't work out why I broke out into a fit of laughter...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • You made this up!

    By Blogger Scarlet Hip, at 2:24 AM  

  • I promise you I did not.
    I will go back to the store and surreptitiously take a photo of it just to prove that I did not make this up!

    By Blogger KJ, at 9:35 AM  

  • We demand proof!

    I have heard that Japanese marketing can be subversive but this is the limit!

    ~Sarah in USA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • It's true I saw these as well in a store in LA at the Lisa Kline outlet in Beverly HIlls. I saw the muff and beaver and another that said Fanny and Willy (they are british and fanny stands for vagina and willy for penis) they also had eye and candy and fanny and magnet. They are great I was looking for them online when I came across this page. I love them!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • The designer is Simon Carter. Here's a pic of the beaver and muff ones. http://www.bricklaneuk.com/v/vspfiles/photos/208-2.jpg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home