[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Monday, June 13, 2005

Birthday suit

The clothing situation is becoming distressing again... This time, its not because I didn't wash my clothes, but I left them in the dryer and forgot to take them out - which, normally, wouldn't be a problem, but the dryers in the dormitory don't dry clothes, so much, as it spins wet clothes around really slowly.





I just went to retrieve my clothes from the dryer, and just as I thought, they're damp. On the way back to my room, I saw Tweedledee & Tweedledum again... Who are these two? They're two guys on the same floor of my dorm who leave the door to Tweedledee's room open, and sit in their underwear all day playing network games. They've lined their laptops next to each other and ALL DAY they play their bloody games. I'll be coming home from the city at 1:30 am, they're playing their game... 3pm - coming home from uni - still playing their game... 7pm - going out to dinner - still playing their game... For whatever reason, it annoys the hell out of me...

So my clothing situation was getting slightly desperate the other day, and I was going through my room and found a whole stash of shirts and stuff I had completely forgotten about - I had put a bunch of clothes in a drawer when I arrived in Japan, and had ignored that drawer until now. It's almost like a treasure hunt - I wonder what other surprises I've left myself lying around the place. I found a $50 note in one of my pockets the other day, and I was getting really excited about it until I remembered I wasn't in Australia anymore, and if I were to give it to a Japanese person they'd use it as monopoly money. So now it sits in a drawer in my desk, crying "spend me, spend me", patiently waiting for the day I decide to do my annual room clean and discover it, get excited about finding money, then remember its useless in Japan, and so the cycle continues...

But I have found some clothes that I want to get -

---"Hey! You! will you take my car? Will you try the highest riding comfort? You get highest feelings---



---[left] Birthday Suit [right] Live Well. It is greatest revenge ---

Alternatively, there is this shirt that I found on a guy at a university festival the other day. Poor guy - I ran up to him and near tackled him to get him to stop moving. I then gave my beer to his girlfriend so that I could take the photo and got her to hold his shirt straight so I could capture it in its full Engrish glory... Poor guy...



It says "Kill the conduckter. The train is forward & backwords Laws of Mamouth T."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home