[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Saint Kallun

I often think that I'm something of a nice guy - partially because that's what girls tell me when they "just want to be friends", so much so that I reckon that I'm next in line for sainthood. I've also arrived at this conclusion because it's not unusual for me to commit random acts of kindness.

For example, the other day when I was walking along the gauntlet, I encountered another foreign student dragging his new computer along behind him the rain. It reminded me of my 400kg TV, so I decided I'd be a Good Samaritan and help him out by carrying it all the way back to the dorm...

With this in mind, and my impending canonisation as Saint Kallun, it honestly didn't occur to me yesterday, when I was helping a lady by carrying her baby and stroller down the stairs of the train station, that it would probably have been a good idea to ask her if she wanted me to help her. Instead, I stroll up to her, compassion and kindness plastered across my face, pick up her kid in the stroller and bolt off down the stairs into a crowd of people... I can only imagine this poor lady must have thought some random white gaijin (ie: me) had just kidnapped her baby.

It would be great to go one day without committing a felony of some degree....(sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home