[Chief Prosecutor] Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo
Please visit my site

An Aussie in Japan

Monday, April 02, 2007

A reprieve... of sorts

Let the birds sing and the angels rejoice - I get a one month break from work.

For once, the incompetence that so accurately characterises the bureaucratic behemoth that is the Japanese government has finally worked in my favour. The filing requirements for visa and work permit renewals are so deliciously convoluted that I won't be allowed to work for the next four weeks - which suits me fine. I have reading to catch up on, university classes to attend, furniture to wrestle with and negotiate to the ground from lofty Ikea shelves... and what's more, my plans for world domination aren't just going to implement themselves… (my minions are few, and rather recalcitrant, and aren't aware that they are, in fact, my minions)

I predict a gloriously hedonistic month ahead.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Am I one of your minions?

    This holiday from work should give you some time to find the surprises John Reginald Christie left in your apartment. I'll wait while you google that.

    By Blogger Loz, at 8:33 PM  

  • (1) Yes, you are my minion.
    (2) I didn't need to google it - I simply wikipedia-ed it... so there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home